Quick facts about Echoing Green:
• founded by Joey Belville in 1992
• based in Albuquerque, NM
• 12 full-length releases under their belt since 1994
• toured the country extensively (over 500+ shows since 1995) as well as the European festival circuit.
• have had a strong internet presence since 1995 and have enjoyed one of the most devoted underground followings in the history of American synthpop.
• got their start in the Christian music scene and garnered a Dove Award nomination for "Best Rhythmic Song" in 1998.
• Joey received "Producer of the Year" award from the New Mexico Music Industry Coalition in 2002
The Echoing Green has going through many phases since 1994. Joey & Co. have always tried to push the envelopes of electronic music - from minimal synthpop, to industrial rock, to techno/trance, to downtempo - all the while remaining consistent in their diversity.
Joey feels their newest album, The Winter of Our Discontent, is their most important release to date.
"I fell in love with my machines again on this album. With the exception of one song, this is a guitarless record. The goal this time was not making danceable music, although some songs definitely fall in to that category, it was about making textural and emotional music... and I think we succeeded in making an artistically, yet technically beautiful record."
"I never thought I would say this - but I'm completely virtual now. Both Reason and ReCycle have played a pivotal part in the making and writing of this record. M-Audio have raised a bar in pro-audio that I think will be hard for other companies to match. It's obvious that their main priorities are product innovation and customer satisfaction. From the Tampa, to Reason, to the Radium controller, to the Delta series of I/O cards, to the BX monitors - I'm blown away. I'm an M-Audio freak."