HyperControl / DirectLink » Axiom 25/49/61 (2nd Generation)
Axiom Series HyperControl
HyperControl—also known as DirectLink Mode on the Axiom Series—is an exclusive technology found in M-Audio keyboards. Simply put, HyperControl automatically maps the keyboard’s various faders, knobs, and transport buttons to software controls in DirectLink-compatible DAWs, providing intuitive, hands-on control over your sessions and Virtual Instruments.
With the Axiom series, DirectLink gives you the same basic mixer control as Oxygen—plus hands-on control over Virtual Instruments. This lets you tweak your mix and your VI sounds directly from the keyboard without any tricky set up or manual configuration. With the Axiom’s Instrument Mode, the encoder knobs, faders, and fader buttons (49- and 61-key models) instantly map to common virtual instrument parameters such as filter cutoff, resonance, envelope settings, and more. This makes the experience of working with an Axiom keyboard feel more like working with a dedicated hardware synth.
Axiom DirectLink also provides feedback to the Axiom’s LCD showing track name and active parameter for the selected track. The fader buttons (49- and 61-key models) provide LED feedback so you can visually identify the state of the assigned function (Track Select/Mute/Solo/Rec Enable) for the currently selected group of tracks. Additional controls allow you to mute and solo the currently selected track, and scroll through virtual instrument patches on supported plug-ins.
The Axiom features dedicated group buttons that allow you to disengage DirectLink for individual controller groups (faders, fader buttons, encoder knobs, and pads), enabling you to use the MIDI learn functionality of your DAW or 3rd party plug-ins alongside DirectLink-mapped controls. This combination provides endless possibilities giving you the ultimate in performance and flexibility.
Axiom DirectLink Supported DAWs
- Ableton Live 8.1.4 and higher
- Apple GarageBand ‘09
- Logic Pro 9.1 *
- Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.4 and higher
- Pro Tools LE 8.0.4 and higher
- Propellerhead Reason 4 * *
- Propellerhead Record 1.x * *
- Steinberg Cubase 5.5 * * *
- * Logic Pro 9.1 is only supported when launched in 32-bit mode; 64-bit mode is not currently supported. Logic Express does not go through the qualification process.
- * * Reason 5 and Record 1.5 are not currently supported.
- * * * Only the full version of Cubase is supported; other versions such as Cubase Studio, Essential, LE, and Nuendo do not go through the qualification process.
DirectLink Configuration Guides
- Axiom (2nd gen) DirectLink configuration for Pro Tools 8
- Axiom (2nd gen) DirectLink configuration for Logic
- Axiom (2nd gen) DirectLink configuration for Propellerhead Reason & Record
- Axiom (2nd gen) DirectLink configuration and operating for GarageBand
- Axiom (2nd gen) DirectLink configuration for Ableton Live
- Axiom (2nd gen) DirectLink configuration for Cubase