Text size [-] [+]
Q: What is Pro Tools SE?
A: Pro Tools SE is a streamlined edition of Pro Tools M-Powered. Click here for an overview of Pro Tools SE.
Q: What are the feature/limitations of SE vs M-Powered?
A: Pro Tools SE provides:
- Award-winning Pro Tools composing, recording, editing, and mixing features
- Mix up to 24 tracks (16 audio tracks, 8 virtual instrument tracks)
- 2 simultaneous audio inputs and 2 simultaneous audio outputs
- Powerful, pro-quality effects including reverb, EQ, and guitar amp/distortion effects
- Integrated learning tools make it easy to create music
- Comes with over 3 GB of audio loops to quickly construct songs and ideas
- Built-in composing features, including MIDI sequencing and Score editing
- Includes over 100 different virtual instruments
Q: Can I add any additional instrument plug-ins or effects to Pro Tools SE?
A: No, Pro Tools SE is limited to the included instruments and effects. If you wish to install any additional Digidesign or 3rd party plug-ins, you must purchase the full version of Pro Tools M-Powered.