Text size [-] [+]
HyperControl for Axiom Pro is built into Pro Tools versions 8 and later. No additional software installation is required.*
* Note: An updated HyperControl control surface personality file is availbale for Pro Tools 8.0.5. These fixes are already included in the latest versions of Pro Tools 9 and 10. Pro Tools 8.0.5 users should click here to download this update.
HyperControl Configuration for Pro Tools:
- Launch Pro Tools
- Select "Peripherals" from the Setup menu
- Select the "MIDI Controllers" tab from the window that appears
- Click the first "Type" drop-down menu and select "M-Audio Keyboard"
- Click the first "Receive From" drop-down menu and select "Axiom Pro, HyperControl In"*
- Click the first "Send To" drop-down menu and select "Axiom Pro HyperControl Out"*
- Make sure that "8" is selected in the "# Ch's" drop-down menu and click "OK" to close the window
* These MIDI port names will display the number of keys, based on the Axiom Pro model you use: 25, 49 or 61. When using Axiom Pro with the Microsoft class-complaint drivers, the HyperControl port will not appear by name; in this case, select In 2 and Out 2 for Send To and Receive From as these are the HyperControl ports.
Your Axiom Pro keyboard will be in HyperControl mode and ready to control Pro Tools. For more information on controlling Pro Tools with your Axiom Pro, please refer to the HyperControl for Pro Tools user guide.