Text size [-] [+]
ProKeys Sono Windows Vista & Windows 7 Installation Instructions
Do not connect the ProKeys Sono 61 or ProKeys Sono 88 to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first!
1. Download the latest ProKeys Sono driver from the M-Audio driver download page and save it to your Desktop.
If this is the first time you are installing the ProKeys Sono on your computer, please skip the following uninstallation instructions and go to Step 3 of this guide.
If a ProKeys Sono driver is currently installed on your system, it will need to be removed before a new driver can be installed. In this case, launching the installer file should will allow you to "Remove" the previous installation. When first launching the driver file, if a window opens indicating that the publisher cannot be verified, Always click "Run"; and if a "User Account Control" window appears; Click "Continue". Click "Next" to Remove the drivers.
2. Once this process is complete, you will be informed that the product has successfully been uninstalled. Click "Finish" to close this application.
3. Double-click the downloaded driver installation file (again), if a "User Account Control" window appears, click "Continue", and the following window will open:
4. Click "Next". The License Agreement window will appear (see below):
5. Once you've reviewed the licensing agreement, click the radio button next to "I accept the terms of the license agreement", then click "Next" to continue and "Install" in the window that opens after this.
Anytime a Windows Security window appears during the installation process, click "Install".
6. The installer will inform you that the ProKeys Sono was installed successfully. Click "Finish".
7. Connect the ProKeys Sono to an available USB port on your computer.
8. Shortly after connecting the ProKeys Sono, it will display an “Installing device driver software” window.
9. When finished, it will display "Your devices are ready to use".
10. Connect the outputs of your ProKeys Sono to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the device.
Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a red M-Audio icon (shown below) will be visible in your system tray. Right-click this icon to launch the M-Audio ProKeys Sono control panel.
This control panel can also be opened by double-clicking the M-Audio ProKeys Sono icon in the Windows Control Panel.
If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, the control panel will open without problems and display "connected" in the top right corner, and the ProKeys Sono is ready to serve as an Audio Interface for your computer and recording software.