Text size [-] [+]
Installation Instructions for Windows 98 Second Edition / Windows Millennium Edition (ME)
Do not connect the Midisport 4x4 to your computer yet! The driver should be installed first!
If this is the first time you install the Midisport 4x4 on your computer, please skip the uninstallation instructions and go to step 3 of this guide.
1. If a Midisport 4x4 driver is currently installed on your system, it will need to be removed before a new driver can be installed. Please click "Start | Programs | M-Audio Midisport 4x4 | Uninstall Midisport 4x4" and follow the instructions on screen.
2. All driver files are being removed from your computer. Once "Uninstall complete" is displayed, click "Close".
3. Download the latest Midisport 4x4 driver from the M-Audio driver download page and save it to your Desktop. Double-click the downloaded driver installation file. The following screen will be displayed. Click "Next".
4. In the next screen of the setup program, you will be asked to connect your Midisport 4x4 to your computer. Click "Finish" and connect the Midisport 4x4 to your computer.
IMPORTANT: Connect the Midisport 4x4 directly to your computer! Do not use a USB hub - at least not during installation. If you run into any problems during the installation procedure, try a different USB port on your computer and/or check in your Computer's BIOS if the USB port you are connecting to is configured to be able to run in USB 1.1 mode. See your computer's mainboard's documentation for instructions on this. Also, you need to have Windows 98 Second Edition or Windows Millennium Edition (ME) to use USB MIDI devices like the M-Audio Midisport 4x4. The original release of Windows 98 (without the addendum Second Edition) is not supported.
5. Windows will detect that the Midisport 4x4 has been connected to your computer and will automatically copy all the necessary files. Although this is not always necessary, you may want to restart your computer to ensure proper operation.
This completes the driver installation and the Midisport 4x4 is now ready to use.
Connect the 4x4's MIDI inputs to the MIDI outputs of your MIDI keyboards or controllers.
Connect the 4x4's MIDI outputs to the MIDI inputs of your sound modules or MIDI keyboards with built in sounds.