Text size [-] [+]
Xponent Installation Instructions for Windows Vista/Windows 7
Do not connect the Xponent to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first!
1. Download the latest Xponent driver from the M-Audio driver download page and save it to your Desktop.
If this is the first time you've installed the Xponent on your computer, please skip the uninstallation instructions and go to step 3 of this guide.
If an M-Audio Xponent driver is currently installed on your system, it will need to be removed before a new driver can be installed. In this case, launching the installer file should bring you to the screen shown below, if a "User Account Control" window appears, click "Allow". Click "Next".
2. When the InstallShield Wizard is Complete, click "Finish".
4. Click "Next". The License Agreement window will appear (see below):
5. Once you've reviewed the licensing agreement, click the radio button next to "I accept the terms of the license agreement", then click "Next" to continue and "Install" in the window that opens after this.
A Windows Security message may notify you that Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software; Click "Install this driver software anyway".
6. The installer will inform you that the Xponent was installed successfully. Click "Finish".
7. Connect the Xponent to an available USB port on your computer.
8. Shortly after connecting the Xponent, it will display an “Installing device driver software” window.
9. When finished, it will display "Your devices are ready to use".
10. Connect the output of your M-Audio Xponent interface to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the device.
Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a red M-Audio icon (shown below) will be visible in your system tray. Right-click this icon to launch the M-Audio Xponent control panel.
This control panel can also be opened by double-clicking the M-Audio Xponent icon in the Windows Control Panel.
If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, the control panel will open without problems and display "connected" in the top right corner, and the Xponent is ready to serve as an Audio Interface for your computer and recording software.
If the control panel shows "not connected", Vista may have loaded the Microsoft Class drivers instead of the M-Audio drivers, please see this article for steps on manually updating the driver.