Text size [-] [+]
Installation Instructions for Windows XP*
Do not connect the Ozone to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first!
If this is the first time you're installing the Ozone on your computer, please skip the uninstallation instructions and go to step 3 of this guide.
1. If an Ozone driver is currently installed on your system, it will need to be removed before a new driver can be installed. Please click "Start | All Programs | M-Audio Ozone| Uninstall Ozone" and follow the instructions on screen.
2. All driver files are being removed from your computer. Once "Uninstall complete" is displayed, click "Close".
3. Download the latest Ozone driver from the M-audio driver download page and save it to your Desktop. Double-click the downloaded driver installation file. The following screen will be displayed:
4. Click "Next".
5. At various points in this installation process, you may be notified that the driver being installed has not passed Windows Logo Testing. Always click “Continue Anyway” to proceed with the installation.
6. When you see the "CD Performance Enhancements" screen (see below), make sure to leave both options checked. These settings are necessary e.g. to listen to Audio CDs using your CD-ROM drive. Then click "Next".
7. The installer will inform you that setup is complete and the software (driver) is now installed. Click "Next".
8. In the last screen of the setup program, you will be asked if you want to restart your computer now. Leave the tick mark in the check box and click "Finish" to restart your computer automatically.
9. Wait until your computer finished starting up completely, then connect the Ozone to an available USB port on your computer, connect the included power supply and turn the Ozone on.
IMPORTANT: Connect the Ozone directly to your computer! Do not use a USB hub.
10. When the computer finishes booting up, it will display a “Found New Hardware” window.
If you have Service Pack 2 installed on your computer, you will be asked if you want to search the Internet for a driver. Select “No, not this time” and press “Next”. You will then see the screen below:
11. "Install the software automatically" is already checked. Leave it like that and click "Next". The driver files will now be copied to your computer. Again, click "Continue Anyway" whenever you see a "Windows Logo Testing" message during this installation.
12. Click "Finish" when you see the following screen:
13. Another "Found New Hardware" window may open. Repeat steps 10-12. This completes the driver installation.
14. Connect the outputs of your Ozone to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the device.
Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a small “M” icon will be visible in your system tray (shown below).
Double-click this icon to launch the Ozone control panel. If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, it will open without problems.
* Home and Professional Edition only. Windows Media Center Edition is not currently supported.