Text size [-] [+]
Installation Instructions for Windows XP*
Do not plug the M-Audio Xponent into your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first!
1. Download the latest driver for your M-Audio Xponent from the M-Audio driver download page and save it to your Desktop. Now double-click it to launch it.
If this is your first installation of an M-Audio Xponent driver on your computer, please skip to step 4 of this guide.
If an M-Audio Xponent driver is currently installed on your system, it will need to be removed before a new driver can be installed. In this case, launching the installer file should bring you to the screen shown below. Click "Next".
2. Once this process is complete, you will be informed that the Installation (driver removal) is complete. Click "Finish" to close this application.
3. Double-click the downloaded driver installation file (again).
4. The following window will open:
5. Click "Next". The License Agreement window will appear (see below):
6. Carefully read the license agreement, then put the radio button next to "I accept the terms of the license agreement", click "Next" to continue and "Install" in the window that opens after this.
7. At various points in this installation process, you may be notified that the driver being installed has not passed Windows Logo Testing. Always click “Continue Anyway” to proceed with the installation.
8. Click "Finish" in the last screen of the driver installation program.
9. Connect the Xponent to an available USB port on your computer.
10. Shortly after connecting the Xponent, it will display a “Found New Hardware” window.
If you have Service Pack 2 installed (which is required for most recent drivers) on your computer, you will be asked if you want to search the Internet for a driver. Select “No, not this time” and press “Next”. You will then see the screen below:
11. Make sure "Install the software automatically" is checked and click "Next". The driver files will now be copied to your computer. Again, click "Continue Anyway" whenever you see a "Windows Logo Testing" message during this installation.
12. Click "Finish" when you see the following screen:
13. After clicking "Finish", another "Windows Logo Testing" message should pop up. Again, click "Continue Anyway" to complete the driver installation.
14. Connect the output of your Xponent to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the device.
15. Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a small “M-Audio” icon will be visible in your system tray (shown below). Right-click this icon to launch the M-Audio Xponent control panel.
The Xponent control panel can also be accessed from the Windows Control Panel when Classic View is enabled:
If the Control Panel is in Category View, click Switch to Classic View on the left-hand side.
16. Launch the Xponent control panel. If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, it will open without problems or error messages and display "connected"; and the Xponent is ready to serve as an audio Interface for your computer and DJ/recording software.
17. In the rare event that you receive an error message after carefully following the steps above, this may be due to a more complex system resource conflict. In these situations, we recommend checking the Torq Forum for additional troubleshooting. Additionally, you can contact M-Audio Support for further assistance.
* Home and Professional Edition only. Windows Media Center Edition is not currently supported.