Text size [-] [+]
Transit USB Installation Instructions for Mac OS X
Do not connect the Transit USB to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first!
1. Download the latest M-Audio Transit driver for Mac OS X from the M-Audio driver download site and save it to your desktop.
2. The file you are downloading is in "Disk Image" (extension "dmg") format. This means that once the download is complete, your Mac should automatically launch the file and create a virtual drive on your desktop - you will now see two new icons on the Desktop.
Immediately after this, a finder window will automatically open and show you the two icons below:
(If this Window did not open automatically, double-click on the downloaded Disk Image file).
3. If this is the first time you install an M-Audio Transit USB driver on your system, please skip to step 7 of this guide now. If an M-Audio Transit driver was previously installed on your system, it has to be removed before you can successfully install the new driver. Please double-click "M-Audio Transit USB Uninstaller" and follow the instructions on screen.
4. When prompted, enter your administrator name and password to continue with the driver removal.
5. Restart your computer to complete the driver removal.
6. After your computer is fully restarted, double-click on the downloaded Disk Image (dmg) file. This will bring you back to the contents of the virtual drive and show you the same two icons (M-Audio Transit USB.mpkg/uninstall) displayed above.
7. Double-click the file named “M-Audio Transit USB.mpkg.” The driver installer will launch. Click "Continue".
8. The following screen will give important information about the driver you are installing. Click "Continue" after you are done reading this document.
9. Carefully read the license agreement, then click "Continue".
10. Click on the "Agree" button to continue.
11. Select the hard drive you want to install the driver to. A green arrow will appear over the selected hard drive. Then click "Continue".
12. Click "Install" - the driver files will be copied to your computer.
13. You will have to enter your Administrator name and password. Click "OK" once your done.
14. A message will appear informing you that the computer needs to be restarted at the end of this installation. Click "Continue Installation".
15. The installer informs you that the software (driver) was successfully installed. Click "Restart".
16. Don't connect the Transit to your computer while it is shutting down. Wait until your computer is in the process of starting up, then you can connect your Transit to an available USB port on your computer. Alternatively, you can wait until the computer is fully started and connect the Transit then.
IMPORTANT: Connect the Transit USB directly to your computer! Do not use a USB hub or USB port on your Apple Keyboard.
Your Transit USB is now ready to be used.
17. Connect the analog output of your M-Audio Transit to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the device.
Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a new "M-Audio Transit USB" icon is placed in System Preferences. Click this icon to launch your Transit's control panel. If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, "Connected to M-Audio Transit USB" will be displayed on the bottom of the Transit USB control panel.