Text size [-] [+]
DirectLink for the Oxygen 25, Oxygen 49 (blue), Oxygen 61 (blue), and Oxygen 88 keyboards is compatible with Logic Pro* 9.1 and above. Follow the steps below to install the Oxygen DirectLink personality and to configure the Oxygen Keyboard as a control surface in Logic.
* Logic Pro 9.1 is only supported when launched in 32-bit mode; 64-bit mode is not currently supported. Logic Express does not go through the qualification process.
Installing the DirectLink Personality
- Download Oxygen DirectLink for GarageBand and Logic for your operating system from our drivers/updates page at www.m-audio.com/drivers.
- If a previous version of DirectLink for Logic is installed, double-click to run the uninstaller to remove it.
- Double-click the DirectLink for GarageBand Logic Installer Package and follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest version.
DirectLink for Logic configuration
- Launch Logic
- The Control Surface Setup window should open automatically and detect and display your Oxygen keyboard
- Select the Oxygen and Verify that the Oxygen is selected for the Input and Output Ports
If the Setup window doesn't appear, go to the Logic Menu>Preferences>Control Surfaces>Setup. Click New and then Install. In the window that appears, select M-Audio Oxygen 25, or Oxygen for 49, 61, & 88 key models, then click Add.
Select the Oxygen and Verify that the Oxygen is selected for the Input and Output Ports (see above). Close the setup and add windows and your Oxygen keyboard will be in DirectLink mode and ready to control Logic. Whenever Logic is launched, DirectLink will activate automatically and map Oxygen Controls.
- The left Track button (<) selects the previous Track. For example if Track 2 is currently selected, pressing this button will select Track 1.
- The right Track button (>) selects the next Track. For example if Track 2 is currently selected, pressing this button will select Track 3.
- These buttons also allow the selection of tracks outside the currently active bank of 8 sequencer tracks. For example, if track 8 is currently selected and the > track button is pressed, track 9 will be selected. The track sliders and their corresponding buttons will now control Tracks 9 - 16.
Oxygen 49, 61, & 88 feature nine Sliders. Oxygen 25 features one Slider.
- Oxygen 49, 61, & 88: The first eight sliders automatically map to control the track volume for the currently selected bank of eight tracks. The right-most Slider (C9) maps to the mastervolume fader.
- Oxygen 25: The single slider will map to the master volume fader.
Oxygen 49, 61, & 88 feature nine Slider Buttons.
- The first eight buttons map to the currently active bank of eight tracks within supported DAW applications. By default, pressing a Slider button will mute the corresponding DAW track. Pressing and holding the right-most Button (C26) places all other Slider buttons in Solo mode. While the right-most button is held down, pressing another Slider button will solo the corresponding DAW track.
All Oxygen Series keyboards feature 8 MIDI Control Knobs.
- Oxygen 49, 61, & 88: These knobs map to control the panorama or balance setting for the currently active bank of eight tracks. When working with stereo tracks in Pro Tools 8, pressing the right-most Slider button (C26) will select either the left or right pan control.
- Oxygen 25: These knobs map to control the track volume for the currently active bank of eight tracks.
All Oxygen Series keyboards feature 6 Transport Buttons.
- These buttons map to the Transport Buttons to control playback, record, start/stop, fast forward and rewind, as well as enabling (or disabling) of the loop function.