Text size [-] [+]
Axiom DirectLink is built into Live since version 8.1.4 and later. No additional driver or software installation is required.
Note: DirectLink functionality on Mac OS X is broken in Live 8.2 and 8.2.1. A fix has been implemented in Live 8.2.2. Download the latest version from Ableton at http://www.ableton.com/latest-versions
1. To enable DirectLink in Live with Axiom 25/49/61(2nd gen), choose Preferences from the Options menu (PC) or Live menu (Mac). Click the MIDI Sync tab from the Preferences window.
2. In the Control Surface column, choose “Axiom DirectLink” from the pop-up menu in the first row.
3. From the Input and Output columns, choose your Axiom keyboard.
Note: When using the Microsoft class-complaint driver in Windows XP, select USB Audio Device for Input and Output
4. Under MIDI Ports, turn Track on for the Axiom input.
5. Close the Preferences window.
You are now able to control Live with DirectLink. For information on how controls are assigned with this configuring, please go to the Help Menu>Help View, select Control Surface Reference lesson, and then locate M-Audio Axiom (2nd gen) in the list.