Text size [-] [+]
MP3 Export Option
The MP3 Export Option lets you create MP3 files from Pro Tools sessions when exporting a region or a Timeline selection as a new audio file. With the MP3 Export Option, the MP3 file type is available when using File > Export > Audio. Pro Tools uses the Fraunhofer codec for encoding MP3 files.
Authorizing the MP3 Export Option
The MP3 Export Option is a paid option and can be purchased and authorized when you export an audio file as an MP3. To authorize the MP3 Export Option using an authorization code:
- Launch Pro Tools.
- Open a session.
- Click on a region or make a Timeline selection and choose File > Export > Audio.
- Select Compressed MP3 as the File Type.
- Click Export.
- In the Pro Tools MP3 Option dialog, click Authorize.
- In the Pro Tools MP3 Export Option dialog, select Manual Activation, then click Next.
- In the Pro Tools MP3 Export Option dialog, deselect the Use my iLok Smart Key option, then click Next.
- When prompted, enter your Pro Tools MP3 Export Option serial code (authorization code).
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the authorization process.