Text size [-] [+]
DirectLink for the Axiom (2nd gen) keyboards is compatible with Propellerhead Reason 4.x and 5.0.1, as well as Record 1.x and 1.5.1. Follow the steps below to install the Axiom DirectLink personality and to configure the Axiom (2nd gen) Keyboard as a control surface in Reason and Record.
Installing the DirectLink Personality
- Download Axiom DirectLink for Reason/Record for your operating system from our drivers/updates page at www.m-audio.com/drivers
- Double-click the Axiom DirectLink for Reason Installer Package and follow the on-screen instructions
DirectLink Configuration for Reason/Record
- Launch Reason or Record
- Go to the Reason or Record Menu (Mac), or the Edit Menu (PC) and choose Preferences
- Select the Keyboards and Control Surfaces Page
- Click “Auto-Detect Surfaces” and Reason/Record will configure your device automatically
Close the preferences window and your Axiom (2nd gen) keyboard will be in DirectLink mode and ready to control Reason or Record. Whenever Reason or Record is launched, DirectLink will activate automatically and map Axiom Controls. For further information on using DirectLink to control Reason or Record with your Axiom (2nd gen) keyboard, please refer to the Axiom DirectLink for Reason/Record user guide.