Text size [-] [+]
Installation Instructions for Windows 2000
Depending on when your Delta card was manufactured, your Delta Installation CD may contain an older driver with different installation steps than outlined below. If your driver CD does not contain Delta Windows 2000 driver version 5.10.00.0048a, it is recommended that you download and use that driver version from our driver download page.
Do not physically install your Delta PCI card into your computer yet! For simplicity, the driver installer should be run first!
1. Double-click the driver installation file.
If this is the first time you install a Delta driver on your computer, please skip to step 3 of this guide.
If a Delta driver is currently installed on your system, it will need to be removed before a new driver can be installed. In this case, starting the installer file will bring you to the screen shown below. Click "Next".
2. All driver files are being removed from your computer. Once this process is complete, you will be informed that the Maintenance (driver removal) is complete. Click "Finish" to close this application.
3. Double-click the downloaded driver installation file (again). The following window will open:
4. Click "Next". The Licence Agreement window will appear (see below):
5. Carefully read the license agreement, then put the radio button next to "I accept the terms of the license agreement", click "Next" to continue and "Install" in the window that opens after this.
6. When you see the "CD Performance Enhancements" screen, make sure to leave both options checked. These settings are necessary e.g. to listen to Audio CDs using your CD-ROM drive. Click "Next".
7. At various points in this installation process, you may see a "Digital Signature Not Found" message. Click “Yes” to proceed with the installation.
8. Choose "Yes, Power off my computer to install hardware" and click "Finish". Your computer will shut down automatically.
9. Once the computer has completely shut down, disconnect its power cable and open its case.
10. Press the Delta Series card firmly into an available PCI slot. PCI slots are white. Do not plug the Delta card into a slot of any other color.
11. Secure the Delta card in place and close your computer’s case.
12. Connect the breakout cable or breakout box to the connector on the Delta Series card. For Delta 1010 users, plug in the included power supply to the rackmount unit.
13. Turn on your computer.
14. When the computer finishes booting up, you will see another "Digital Signature Not Found" window. Click "Yes" to complete the installation.
Connect the outputs of your Delta interface to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the card.
A small “M” icon will be visible in your system tray. Double-click this icon to launch the Delta Control Panel. If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, the Delta Control Panel will open without problems.