Text size [-] [+]
Delta Series Installation Instructions for Windows Vista / Windows 7
This guide is a walk through for installing the driver for all Delta Series PCI sound cards in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
If this is the first time you are installing the drivers, do not install the Delta PCI card to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first! If you are updating a previous installation, it is OK to leave the Delta PCI card installed.
1. Download the latest Delta Series driver from the M-Audio drivers/updates page and save it to your Desktop.
If this is the first time you are installing a Delta Series driver on your computer, please skip to step 4 of this guide.
If a Delta driver is currently installed on your system, it will need to be removed before a new driver can be installed. In this case, launching the installer file will allow you to "Remove" the previous installation. When first launching the driver file, if a window opens indicating that the publisher cannot be verified, always click "Run"; and if a "User Account Control" window appears, click "Continue".
2. Click "Next" to Remove the drivers.
3. All driver files are being removed from your computer. Once this process is complete, you will be informed that the Maintenance (driver removal) is complete. Click "Finish" to close this application.
4. Double-click the downloaded driver installation file (again), if a "User Account Control" window appears, click "Continue". The following window will open:
5 . Click "Next". The License Agreement window will appear (see below):
6. Carefully read the license agreement, then put the radio button next to "I accept the terms of the license agreement", click "Next" to continue and "Install" in the window that opens after this.
If a Windows Security window appears, click "Install".
7. Once this process is complete, you will be informed that M-Audio Delta has been installed successfully. Choose "Yes, I want to shutdown my computer now." and click "Finish".
8. Once the computer has completely shut down, disconnect its power cable and open its case.
9. Press the Delta Series card firmly into an available PCI slot. PCI slots are white. Do not plug the Delta card into a slot of any other color.
10. Secure the Delta card in place and close your computer’s case.
11. Connect the breakout cable or breakout box to the connector on the Delta Series card. For Delta 66 and Delta 1010 users, plug in the included power supply at this time.
12. Turn on your computer.
13. When the computer finishes booting up, a window may appear stating "Installing device driver software":
The drivers are now loading. When finished, it will display "Your new devices are ready to use".
14. Connect the outputs of your Delta card to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the device.
15. Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a small “M-Audio” icon will be visible in your system tray (shown below). Right-click this icon to open the M-Audio Delta control panel.
This control panel can also be opened by double-clicking the M-Audio Delta icon in the Windows Control Panel:
If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, the Delta Control Panel will open without problems. We have a separate article to provide a brief overview of the New Delta Control Panel.