Text size [-] [+]
DirectLink for Oxygen (blue) keyboards is built into Pro Tools SE. No additional software installation is required.
DirectLink Configuration for Pro Tools:
- Launch Pro Tools SE
- Select Preferences from the File Menu (PC) or the Pro Tools SE Menu (Mac)
- Select the Control Surfaces tab
- Click the "MIDI Control Surface 1" drop-down menu and select "M-Audio Keyboard"
- Click the "Receive From" drop-down menu and select "Oxygen MIDI In"*
- Click the "Send To" drop-down menu and select "Oxygen MIDI Out"*
- Make sure that "8" is selected in the "# Ch's" drop-down menu and click "OK" to close the window
* These MIDI port names will display the number of keys, based on the Oxygen Series model you use: 25, 49, 61 or 88. In Windows XP, the Oxygen MIDI ports will appear as "USB Audio Device" for all models. Install the M-Audio Oxygen drivers (available from www.m-audio.com/drivers) in Windows XP for the ports to appear as described above.
Load Preset 10 (DirectLink Preset) on your Oxygen keyboard:
- Press the Select button until the lower edge of the LED display shows a red dot above "PRESETS"
- Scroll through the Preset numbers using the "-" or "+" buttons until the LED display shows "P10."
- The left Track button (<) selects the previous Track. For example if Track 2 is currently selected, pressing this button will select Track 1.
- The right Track button (>) selects the next Track. For example if Track 2 is currently selected, pressing this button will select Track 3.
- These buttons also allow the selection of tracks outside the currently active bank of 8 sequencer tracks. For example, if track 8 is currently selected and the > track button is pressed, track 9 will be selected. The track sliders and their corresponding buttons will now control Tracks 9 - 16.
Oxygen 49, 61, & 88 feature nine Sliders. Oxygen 25 features one Slider.
- Oxygen 49, 61, & 88: The first eight sliders automatically map to control the track volume for the currently selected bank of eight tracks. The right-most Slider (C9) maps to the mastervolume fader.
- Oxygen 25: The single slider will map to the master volume fader.
Oxygen 49, 61, & 88 feature nine Slider Buttons.
- The first eight buttons map to the currently active bank of eight tracks within supported DAW applications. By default, pressing a Slider button will mute the corresponding DAW track. Pressing and holding the right-most Button (C26) places all other Slider buttons in Solo mode. While the right-most button is held down, pressing another Slider button will solo the corresponding DAW track.
- When using Pro Tools, the right-most Slider button (C26) also allows using the eight Oxygen control knobs to adjust either the left, or the right pan knobs of Pro Tools stereo tracks (only available on Oxygen 49 and 61). By default, the Oxygen knobs control the left pan knobs of stereo tracks. While the right-most button is held down, the Oxygen knobs control the right pan knobs of Pro Tools stereo tracks.
All Oxygen Series keyboards feature 8 MIDI Control Knobs.
- Oxygen 49, 61, & 88: These knobs map to control the panorama or balance setting for the currently active bank of eight tracks. When working with stereo tracks in Pro Tools, pressing the right-most Slider button (C26) will select either the left or right pan control.
- Oxygen 25: These knobs map to control the track volume for the currently active bank of eight tracks.
All Oxygen Series keyboards feature 6 Transport Buttons.
These buttons map to the Transport Buttons to control playback, record, start/stop, fast forward and rewind, as well as enabling (or disabling) of the loop function.