Text size [-] [+]
ProFire 610 & 2626 Installation Instructions for Mac OS X
Do not connect your M-Audio ProFire interface to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first!
If you are updating the driver on a system where your M-Audio ProFire device is already installed, please shut down and disconnect your device before proceeding.
Note: At this time, the ProFire 610 or 2626 drivers cannot be installed on a system that has another M-Audio FireWire Series device installed. These devices include FireWire Audiophile, FireWire Ozonic, FireWire Solo, FireWire 410, FireWire 1814, NRV10, ProFire Lightbridge, and ProjectMix I/O. Currently, you must uninstall the existing M-Audio FireWire Series Driver before installing the ProFire 2626 drivers.
In addition, please remember to never "hot-plug" your FireWire interface.
1. Download the latest M-Audio ProFire 610 or 2626 driver for your exact version of Mac OS X from the M-Audio driver download site.
2. The file you are downloading is in "Disk Image" (extension "dmg") format. This means that once the download is complete, your Mac should automatically launch the file and create a virtual drive on your desktop - you will now see two new icons on the Desktop.
Immediately after this, a finder window will automatically open and show you the two icons below:
(If this Window does not open automatically, double-click on the downloaded Disk Image file).
3. If this is the first time you're installing an M-Audio ProFire driver on your system, please skip to step 7 of this guide now. If an M-Audio FireWire driver was previously installed on your system, it has to be removed before you can successfully install the new driver. Please double-click "Uninstall M-Audio FireWire" and follow the instructions on screen.
4. When prompted, enter your administrator name and password to continue with the driver removal.
5. Click 'Restart' to complete the driver removal.
6. After your computer is fully restarted, double-click on the downloaded Disk Image (dmg) file. This will bring you back to the content of the virtual drive and show you the same two icons (M-Audio FireWire.mpkg/uninstall) displayed above.
7. Double-click the file named “M-Audio ProFire 2626.mpkg.”. The driver installer will launch. Click "Continue".
8. Review the following information, then click 'Continue'.
9. Carefully read the License Agreement, then click "Continue".
10. Click on the "Agree" button to continue.
11. Click "Install" - the driver files will be copied to your computer.
12. You will have to enter your Administrator name and password once more. Click OK after your done.
13. A message will appear informing you that the software was successfully installed and that your computer needs to be turned off before connecting your M-Audio FireWire device. Click 'Close'.
14. Shut down and turn off your computer, then connect the FireWire cable between your M-Audio FireWire audio interface and your computer's FireWire port, then connect the 2626's AC power adapter.
- DO NOT CONNECT OR DISCONNECT your M-Audio FireWire audio interface while your computer is turned on!
6-pin FireWire 400 port
9-pin FireWire 800 port. Your M-Audio FireWire device can be connected to an FW800 port with a FW400 to FW800 adapter cable.
15. Make sure the power button on your ProFire device is pushed in, then turn on your computer. Once the computer is fully started, your ProFire 610 or 2626 is ready to be used.
16. Connect outputs 1 and 2 of your M-Audio FireWire audio interface to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the device.
Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a new "M-Audio FireWire" icon is placed in System Preferences. Click this icon to launch the ProFire Control Panel. If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, the Control Panel will open without errors.