Text size [-] [+]
Installation Instructions for Mac OS X
1. Download the latest M-Audio Ozone USB driver for Mac OS X from the M-Audio driver download site and save it to your desktop.
2. The file you are downloading is in "Disk Image" (extension "dmg") format. This means that once the download is complete, your Mac should automatically launch the file and create a virtual drive on your desktop - you will now see two new icons on the Desktop.
Immediately after this, a finder window will automatically open and show you the two icons below:
(If this Window did not open automatically, double-click on the downloaded Disk Image file).
3. If this is the first time you install an M-Audio Ozone USB driver on your system, please skip to step 7 of this guide now. If an M-Audio Ozone driver was previously installed on your system, it has to be removed before you can successfully install the new driver. Please double-click "M-Audio Ozone Uninstaller" and follow the instructions on screen:
4. Click "Uninstall" and when prompted, enter your Administrator Name and password to continue with the driver removal.
5. Restart your computer to complete the driver removal.
6. After your computer is fully restarted, double-click on the downloaded Disk Image (dmg) file. This will bring you back to the contents of the virtual drive and show you the same two icons (OzoneUSBAudio.pkg and M-Audio Ozone Uninstaller) displayed above.
7. Double-click the file named "OzoneUSBAudio.pkg". The driver installer will launch. Click "Continue".
8. The following screen will give important information about the driver you are installing. Click "Continue" after you are done reading this document.
9. Carefully read the license agreement, then click "Continue".
10. Click on the "Agree" button to continue.
11. Select the hard drive you want to install the driver to. A green arrow will appear over the selected hard drive. Then click "Continue".
12. Click "Install" - the driver files will be copied to your computer.
13. You will have to enter your Administrator name and password. Click "OK" once your done.
14. A message will appear informing you that the computer needs to be restarted at the end of this installation. Click "Continue Installation".
15. The installer informs you that the software (driver) was successfully installed. Click "Restart".
16. Don't connect the Ozone USB to your computer while it is shutting down. Wait until your computer is in the process of starting up, then connect your Ozone USB to an available USB port on your computer, connect the power supply and turn the Ozone USB on. Alternatively, you can wait until the computer is fully started and connect and power up the Ozone USB then.
IMPORTANT: Connect the Ozone USB directly to your computer! Do not use a USB hub or USB port on your Apple Keyboard
Your Ozone USB is now ready to be used.
17. Connect outputs 1 and 2 of your M-Audio Ozone USB to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the device.
Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a new "M-Audio Ozone USB" icon is placed in System Preferences. Click on this icon to launch your Ozone USB's control panel. If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, "Connected to M-Audio Ozone USB" will be displayed on the bottom of the Ozone USB control panel.