Text size [-] [+]
Venom Driver Installation Guide for Mac OS X
Do not connect the Venom to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first!
1. Download the latest M-Audio Venom driver for Mac OS X from the M-Audio driver download site and save it to your desktop. If this is the first time you are installing Venom, it is only necessary to install the latest driver; do not install the driver on the included CD.
2. The file you are downloading is in "Disk Image" (extension "dmg") format. This means that once the download is complete, your Mac should automatically launch the file and create a virtual drive on your desktop - you will now see two new icons on the Desktop.
Immediately after this, a finder window will automatically open and show you the icons below:
(if this window did not open automatically, double-click the downloaded Disk Image file)
3. If this is the first time you've installed a Venom driver on your system, please skip to step 7 of this guide now. If an M-Audio Venom driver was previously installed on your system, it has to be removed before you can successfully install the new driver. With the Venom powered off or disconnected from the computer, double-click "M-Audio Venom Uninstaller", and then click "Uninstall".
4. Following uninstallation, it will be necessary to restart. Click Proceed to uninstall the driver.
5. When prompted, enter your administrator name and password and click OK to continue with the driver removal.
6. Click restart to complete the driver removal.
7. Double-click on the downloaded Disk Image (dmg) file. This will bring you back to the contents of the virtual drive and show you the same icons displayed above.
8. Double-click the file named "M-Audio Venom.pkg". The driver installer will launch. Click "Continue".
9. Click Continue on the Introduction screen of the installer.
10. The following screen will give important information about the driver you are installing. Click "Continue" after you are done reading this document.
11. Carefully read the license agreement, then click "Continue".
12. Click on the "Agree" button to continue.
Note: If you have more than 1 hard drive you will see the Destination Select Window (not pictured) to select the hard drive you want to install the driver to. A green arrow will appear over the selected hard drive. Then click "Continue".
13. Click "Install" on the following screen - the driver files will be copied to your computer.
14. You will have to enter your Administrator name and password. Click "OK" once your done.
15. A message will appear informing you that the computer needs to be restarted at the end of this installation. Click "Continue Installation".
16. The installer informs you that the Installation was successful. Click "Restart".
17. Don't connect the Venom to your computer while it is shutting down. Wait until your computer is in the process of starting up, then you can connect your Venom to a power outlet and to an available USB port on your computer; then turn on the Venom. Alternatively, you can wait until the computer is fully started and connect the Venom then.
IMPORTANT: Connect the Venom directly to your computer! Do not use a USB hub or USB port on your Apple Keyboard.
Your Venom is now ready to be used.
18. Connect the analog output of your Venom to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the device.
Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a new "M-Audio Venom" icon is placed in System Preferences.
Click this icon to launch your Venom control panel. If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly with the control panel will open without problems and display device connected.