Text size [-] [+]
Axiom DirectLink is compatible with Cubase 5.5.3 and 6.0.5. DirectLink is only tested and qualified with the full version of Cubase; other versions are not supported. Follow the steps below to install the Axiom DirectLink personality and to configure the Axiom (2nd gen) keyboard as a control surface in Cubase.
Installing the DirectLink Personality
- Download Axiom DirectLink for Cubase for your operating system from our drivers/updates page at www.m-audio.com/drivers
- Double-click the Axiom DirectLink for Cubase Installer and follow the on-screen instructions
DirectLink Configuration for Cubase
- Launch Cubase
- Go to the Devices Menu and choose Device Setup
- Click the "+" and select Axiom DirectLink
- Select Axiom DirectLink* In and Out for the MIDI Input and Output
- Set the Smart Switch Delay to Long
- Click OK
* Select MIDI In 2 and MIDI Out 2 when using the Microsoft class-compliant driver on Windows XP
Note: Select MIDI Port Setup and un-check the box for Axiom DirectLink In for the "In All MIDI Inputs column. This will prevent the control surface data from Axiom Pro from controlling unintended parameters and triggering double notes.
Your Axiom (2nd gen) keyboard will be in DirectLink mode and ready to control Cubase. Whenever Cubase is launched, DirectLink will activate automatically and map Axiom Controls. For further information on using DirectLink to control Cubase with your Axiom (2nd gen) keyboard, please refer to the Axiom DirectLink for Cubase user guide.