Text size [-] [+]
Q: I am trying to launch Torq and am getting an error message stating "No M-Audio hardware found. Please attach your M-Audio hardware and launch Torq again". My Conectiv or Xponent is attached, why am I receiving this message?
A: The latest versions of the Torq software and the latest drivers for your Conectiv or Xponent must be installed in order for Torq to recognize the hardware and launch successfully.
Latest Software Version
There have been several updates to Torq since its initial release, and the latest version may not be on the CD included with your product. Please check our drivers/updates page and make sure you have installed the latest version of Torq. If you receive the same error message when attempting to launch the latest version of Torq, continue on to verify driver installation.
Please see this guide for instructions on retrieving your Torq 1.5 serial number or upgrading to Torq 2.0.
Verifying Driver Installation
Open the M-Audio control panel for your Conectiv or Xponent. On Windows, this control panel can be opened by right-clicking the M-Audio icon in the System Tray or by double clicking the icon in the Windows Control Panel. On Mac OS X, the control panel icon is located in System Preferences.
- If you cannot find an M-Audio icon on your computer, disconnect the device and then download and install the latest driver from our drivers/updates page.
- If the control panel recognizes your device as "connected"
- Check that you have the latest Conectiv or Xponent driver version installed
- Check that you have the latest version of Torq installed.
- If the control panel shows "not connected":
- Windows XP: XP may have loaded the Microsoft-class driver, see this article for instructions on manually updating the drivers.
- Windows Vista/Windows 7: Vista may have loaded the Microsoft-class driver, see this article for instructions on manually updating the drivers.
- Mac OS X: Disconnect your Conectiv or Xponent, uninstall the drivers, and re-install the latest drivers.
With the latest version of Torq installed, along with the latest Conectiv or Xponent drivers installed and control panel recognizing the hardware as "connected", Torq will successfully launch.