Text size [-] [+]
Installation Instructions for Windows 2000
Do not connect the Midisport 4x4 to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first!
If this is the first time you install the Midisport 4x4 on your computer, please skip the uninstallation instructions and go to step 3 of this guide.
1. If a Midisport 4x4 driver is currently installed on your system, it will need to be removed before a new driver can be installed. Please click "Start | Programs | M-Audio Midisport 4x4 | Uninstall Midisport 4x4" and follow the instructions on screen.
2. All driver files are being removed from your computer. Once "Uninstall complete" is displayed, click "Close".
3. Download the latest Midisport 4x4 driver from the M-Audio driver download page and save it to your Desktop. Double-click the downloaded driver installation file. The following screen will be displayed:
4. Click "Next".
5. At various points in this installation process, you may see a "Digital Signature Not Found" message. Always click “Yes” to proceed with the installation.
6. In the last screen of the setup program, you will be asked to connect your Midisport 4x4 to your computer. Click "Finish", then connect the Midisport 4x4 to your computer.
IMPORTANT: Connect the Midisport 4x4 directly to your computer! Do not use a USB hub - at least not during installation. There are two types of USB ports, USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 but they look exactly the same. The Midisport 4x4 is a USB 1.1 device and needs to be connected to a USB 1.1 compatible port. Most USB 2.0 ports can operate in USB 1.1 mode, but sometimes it is necessary to activate this functionality in your computer's BIOS. Besides that, you need to have Windows 2000 Service Pack 4. If you run into any problems during the installation procedure, try a different USB port on your computer and/or check if the USB port you are connecting to is configured to be able to run in USB 1.1 mode. See your computer's mainboard's documentation for instructions on this.
7. After connecting the Midisport 4x4 to your computer, two additional "Digital Signature Not Found" messages will be displayed. Always click "Yes" when you see this message during this installation.
This completes the driver installation and your Midisport 4x4 is now ready to use.
Connect the 4x4's MIDI inputs to the MIDI outputs of your MIDI keyboards or controllers.
Connect the 4x4s MIDI outputs to the MIDI inputs of your sound modules or MIDI keyboards with built in sounds.