Text size [-] [+]
Do not connect the Xponent to your computer yet; the driver installer should be run first!
1. Download the latest M-Audio Xponent driver for Mac OS X from the M-Audio driver download site and save it to your desktop.
2. The file you are downloading is in "Disk Image" (extension "dmg") format. This means that once the download is complete, your Mac should automatically launch the file and create a virtual drive on your desktop - you will now see two new icons on the Desktop.
Immediately after this, a finder window will automatically open and show you the two icons below:
(If this Window did not open automatically, double-click on the downloaded Disk Image file).
3. If this is the first time you install an M-Audio Xponent driver on your system, please skip to step 7 of this guide now. If an M-Audio Xponent driver was previously installed on your system, it has to be removed before you can successfully install the new driver. Please double-click "M-Audio Xponent Uninstaller" and follow the instructions on screen.
4. When prompted, enter your administrator name and password to continue with the driver removal.
5. Restart your computer to complete the driver removal.
6. After your computer is fully restarted, double-click on the downloaded Disk Image (dmg) file. This will bring you back to the contents of the virtual drive and show you the same two icons (M-Audio Xponent.pkg/uninstall) displayed above.
7. Double-click the file named “M-Audio Xponent.pkg”. The driver installer will launch. Click "Continue".
8. The following screen will give important information about the driver you are installing. Click "Continue" after you are done reading this document.
9. Carefully read the license agreement, then click "Continue".
10. Click on the "Agree" button to continue.
11. Select the hard drive you want to install the driver to. A green arrow will appear over the selected hard drive. Then click "Continue".
12. Click "Install" - the driver files will be copied to your computer.
13. You will have to enter your Administrator name and password. Click "OK" once your done.
14. A message will appear informing you that the computer needs to be restarted at the end of this installation. Click "Continue Installation".
15. The installer tells you to "Click Restart to finish installing the software". Click "Restart".
16. Don't connect the Xponent to your computer while it is shutting down. Wait until your computer is in the process of starting up, then you can connect your Xponent to an available USB port on your computer. Alternatively, you can wait until the computer is fully started and connect the Xponent then.
IMPORTANT: Connect the Xponent directly to your computer! Do not use a USB hub or USB port on your Apple Keyboard.
Your Xponent is now ready to be used.
17. Connect the analog output of your M-Audio Xponent to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the device.
Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a new "M-Audio Xponent" icon is placed in System Preferences. Click this icon to launch your Xponent's control panel. If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, "device connected" will be displayed on the bottom of the Xponent control panel.