Text size [-] [+]
This is a quick walkthrough on how to setup your ProjectMix I/O as a Mackie Control Surface in Digital Performer.
1. The first step is to put your ProjectMix I/O in Digital Performer mode: Hold down the PAN button while powering on the unit. Digital Performer mode is confirmed on the LCD display when the ProjectMix I/O has initialized.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The ProjectMix I/O has been tested with Digital Performer version 4.6. We strongly suggest upgrading to version 4.6; earlier versions of the program are not fully supported.
2. Setup: With the ProjectMix I/O in Digital Performer mode, open your Mac’s Audio MIDI setup (found under the Utilities menu). Select the MIDI Devices tab. Click on "Add New Device" and a new external device icon will appear. Double click on this icon to open its Properties page. Select Mackie from the drop-down Manufacturers list, and Mackie Control from the Model list; Mackie Control should now appear in the Device Name field. Clicking on the Icon browser will allow you to select a mixer icon.
3. Click Apply. Now click the "Less Information" arrow twice to view the properties page, which will display your MIDI settings information.
4. Make your settings as shown in the screenshot below:
5. Drag and drop your MIDI connections between the ProjectMix I/O and Mackie Control icons, as shown below:
6. Now launch Digital Performer. Select Control Surface Setup from the SETUP menu. Under Driver, select Mackie Control. Under Unit, select Mackie Control. Under MIDI, select Mackie Control – 1. Click OK.
7. Your ProjectMix I/O is now ready to control Digital Performer.