Text size [-] [+]
Producer USB Mac OS X Installation Instructions
Do not connect the Producer USB to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first!
1. Download the latest M-Audio Producer USB driver for Mac OS X from the M-Audio driver download site and save it to your desktop.
2. The file you are downloading is in "Disk Image" (extension "dmg") format. This means that once the download is complete, your Mac should automatically launch the file and create a virtual drive on your desktop - you will now see two new icons on the Desktop.
Immediately after this, a finder window will automatically open and show you the icons below:
(if this window did not open automatically, double-click the downloaded Disk Image file)
3. If this is the first time you've installed an M-Audio Producer USB driver on your system, please skip to step 6 of this guide now. If an M-Audio Producer USB driver was previously installed on your system, it has to be removed before you can successfully install the new driver. Please double-click "M-Audio Producer USB Uninstaller" and click "Uninstall".
4. When prompted, enter your administrator name and password to continue with the driver removal.
5. Click restart to complete the driver removal.
6. Double-click on the downloaded Disk Image (dmg) file. This will bring you back to the contents of the virtual drive and show you the same two icons (M-Audio Producer USB.pkg/Uninstall) displayed above.
7. Double-click the file named "M-Audio Producer USB.pkg". The driver installer will launch. Click "Continue".
8. The following screen will give important information about the driver you are installing. Click "Continue" after you are done reading this document.
9. Carefully read the license agreement, then click "Continue".
10. Click on the "Agree" button to continue.
11. Select the hard drive you want to install the driver to. A green arrow will appear over the selected hard drive. Then click "Continue".
12. Click "Install" on the following screen - the driver files will be copied to your computer.
13. You will have to enter your Administrator name and password. Click "OK" once your done.
14. A message will appear informing you that the computer needs to be restarted at the end of this installation. Click "Continue Installation".
15. The installer informs you that the software (driver) was successfully installed. Click "Restart".
16. Don't connect the Producer USB to your computer while it is shutting down. Wait until your computer is in the process of starting up, then you can connect your Producer USB to an available USB port on your computer. Alternatively, you can wait until the computer is fully started and connect the Producer USB then.
IMPORTANT: Connect the Producer USB directly to your computer! Do not use a USB hub or USB port on your Apple Keyboard.
Your Producer USB is now ready to be used.
17. Connect your headphones to the Producer USB so you can hear the output of the device.
Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a new "M-Audio Producer USB" icon is placed in System Preferences. Click this icon to launch your Producer USB's control panel. If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, "device connected " will be displayed at the bottom of the Producer USB control panel.