Text size [-] [+]
Ozone USB Installation Instructions for Windows Vista & Windows 7
Do not connect the Ozone USB to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first!
1. Download the latest Ozone USB driver from the M-Audio driver download page and save it to your Desktop.
If this is the first time you've installed the Ozone USB on your computer, please skip the uninstallation instructions and go to step 3 of this guide.
2. When the InstallShield Wizard is Complete, click "Finish".
3. Double-click the downloaded driver installation file (again), if a "User Account Control" window appears, click "Continue", and the following window will open:
4. Click "Next". The License Agreement window will appear (see below):
5. Once you've reviewed the licensing agreement, click the radio button next to "I accept the terms of the license agreement", then click "Next" to continue and "Install" in the window that opens after this.
If a Windows Security window appears, click "Install".
6. The installer will inform you that the Ozone USB was installed successfully. Click "Finish".
7. Connect the Ozone USB to an available USB port on your computer and turn the device on.
8. Shortly after connecting the Ozone USB, it will display an “Installing device driver software” window.
9. When finished, it will display "Your devices are ready to use".
10. Connect the output of your M-Audio Ozone USB interface to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the device.
Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a red M-Audio icon (shown below) will be visible in your system tray. Right-click this icon to launch the M-Audio Ozone USB control panel.
This control panel can also be opened by double-clicking the M-Audio Ozone icon in the Windows Control Panel.
If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, the control panel will open without problems and display "connected" in the top right corner, and the Ozone USB is ready to serve as an Audio Interface for your computer and recording software.