Text size [-] [+]
This is a quick walkthrough on how to setup your M-Audio audio interface in Sony ACID Pro.
Before proceeding, you must install the latest drivers for your device.
1. Launch ACID Pro.
2. Select Preferences from the Options Menu
3. Click the Audio Device tab in the Preferences window.
4. Click the drop down for Audio device type and select the ASIO driver for your M-Audio device.
Note: ACID may identify your M-Audio device by Series (USB, FW/FireWire, Delta) and not by name in this dropdown box.
5. To enable an M-Audio USB MIDI device, select the MIDI tab
6. Place a check in the boxes to enable the input and output ports you wish to use
7. Click OK
With the M-Audio ASIO driver selected, you're ready to starting recording! Connect your speakers or headphones to your M-Audio sound card. You cannot use your computer speakers, or built-in sound card for output.
When recording from a mono sound source such as a single microphone or guitar, it is necessary to select the appropriate mono input to record from. Locate your audio track in the Mixing Console. Click the Input Source box and select the corresponding mono input:
If your audio interface does not feature hardware direct monitoring (Audiophile USB, JamLab, Transit), or if you wish to monitor with software effects, you will need to enable input monitoring, which can also be selected from the Input Source box (see above). If your device features hardware direct monitoring and you enable audio input monitoring in Acid Pro, you will need to disable the hardware direct monitoring of your M-Audio device to avoid doubling your monitored signal. Please refer to the user guide for your M-Audio device for how to enable/disable hardware direct monitoring.
* This setup procedure may be similar for previous versions of ACID. For more information on configuring and recording with ACID, please consult the ACID Pro 6 Manual, or contact Sony Creative Software Support.