Text size [-] [+]
Producer USB Windows XP* Installation Instructions
Do not connect the Producer USB to your computer yet! The driver installer should be run first!
1. Download the latest Producer USB driver from the M-Audio driver download page and save it to your Desktop.
If this is the first time you install the Producer USB on your computer, please skip the following uninstallation instructions and go to Step 3 of this guide.If a Producer USB driver is currently installed on your system, it will need to be removed before a new driver can be installed. In this case, launching the installer file should bring you to the screen shown below. Click "Next".
2. Once this process is complete, you will be informed that the product has successfully been uninstalled. Click "Finish" to close this application.
3. Double-click the downloaded driver installation file (again), and the following window will open:
4. Click "Next". The License Agreement window will appear (see below):
5. Once you've reviewed the licensing agreement, click the radio button next to "I accept the terms of the license agreement", then click "Next" to continue and "Install" in the window that opens after this.
At various points in this installation process, you may be notified that the driver being installed has not passed Windows Logo Testing. Always click “Continue Anyway” to proceed with the installation.
6. The installer will inform you that the Producer USB was installed successfully. Click "Finish".
7. Connect the Producer USB to an available USB port on your computer.
8. Shortly after connecting the Producer USB, it will display another Hardware Installation window and it will inform you that this driver has not passed Windows Logo Testing, click "Continue Anyways" to complete the driver installation.
9. Connect your headphones to the M-Audio Producer USB so you can hear the output of the device.
Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a red M-Audio icon (shown below) will be visible in your system tray. Right-click this icon to launch the M-Audio Producer USB control panel.
The Producer USB Control Panel can also be accessed from the Windows Control Panel when Classic View is enabled:
If the Control Panel is in Category View, click Switch to Classic View on the left-hand side.
If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, the control panel will open without problems and display "connected" in the top right corner, and the Producer USB is ready to serve as an Audio Interface for your computer and recording software.
* Home and Professional Edition only. Windows Media Center Edition is not currently supported.