Text size [-] [+]
JamLab Windows Vista & Windows 7 Installation Instructions
1. Download the latest JamLab driver from the M-Audio driver download page and save it to your Desktop.
If this is the first time you've installed the JamLab on your computer, please skip the uninstallation instructions and go to step 3 of this guide.
If an M-Audio JamLab driver is currently installed on your system, it will need to be removed before a new driver can be installed. In this case, launching the installer file should bring you to the screen shown below, if a "User Account Control" window appears, click "Allow". Click "Next".
2. Click "Finish" when the Wizard is finished uninstalling the drivers.
3. Double-click the downloaded driver installation file (again), if a "User Account Control" window appears, click "Allow", and the following window will open:
4. Click "Next". The License Agreement window will appear (see below):
5. Once you've reviewed the licensing agreement, click the radio button next to "I accept the terms of the license agreement", then click "Next" to continue and "Install" in the window that opens after this.
6. The installer will inform you that the JamLab was installed successfully. Click "Finish".
7. Connect the JamLab to an available USB port on your computer.
A Windows Security message may notify you that Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software; Click "Install this driver software anyway".
Windows Vista will display a pop-up message, stating that the driver software was not successfully installed. This message is expected when installing in Vista, however, the drivers are automatically being loaded in the background.
8. To verify that the drivers were successfully installed, open the Windows Device Manager by clicking on the Vista (Start) button (1), then right-click on Computer (2) and choose “Properties” (3):
9. In the side-bar on the left, click “Device Manager”.
10. In the Device Manager, click the + next to the "Sound, video and game controllers" section and if you see "JamLab" in the device manager with no yellow exclamation mark (shown below), the drivers are successfully installed.
Note: If JamLab appears with a yellow exclamation mark, disconnect the JamLab from your computer, uninstall and re-install the drivers using the procedure above, then connect JamLab to a different USB port on your computer. For assistance in troubleshooting this issue, please contact M-Audio Support.
11. Connect the outputs of your JamLab to your speakers, mixer, or other amplification device so you can hear the output of the device.
12. Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a small “M-Audio” icon will be visible in your system tray (shown below). Right-click this icon to open the JamLab control panel.
This control panel can also be opened by double-clicking the M-Audio JamLab icon in the Windows Control Panel.
13. If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, the JamLab Control Panel will open without problems and will show “connected”; and the JamLab is ready to serve as an Audio Interface for your computer and recording software.