Text size [-] [+]
Q: Which Windows drivers are available for M-Audio USB Audio devices?
A: M-Audio USB Audio devices can be used with ASIO (except for Sonica), WDM or MME drivers. The use of ASIO or WDM drivers allows for the utilization of all available Inputs- and Outputs. Sample Rates/Bit Depths up to 96kHz/24Bit can be used (exceptions: MobilePre USB, 48kHz/16Bit max.; FastTrack USB, 48kHz/24Bit max.; Black Box, 44.1 kHz only). However, due to bandwidth limitations of the USB 1.1 bus, the following restrictions apply:
- up to 96 kHz / 24 Bit Operation: 2 Channel input OR output (2 channels total)
- up to 48 kHz / 24 Bit Operation: 2 Channel Input AND 4 Channel Output (6 channels total)
- up to 48 kHz / 24 Bit Operation: 4 Channel Input AND 2 Channel Output (6 channels total)
- up to 48 kHz / 16 Bit Operation: 4 Channel Input AND 4 Channel Output (8 channels total)
- Sonica Theater, also: up to 48 kHz / 16 Bit Operation: 2 Channel Input AND 8 Channel output (10 channels total).
In MME mode, the driver gives access to the same amount of channels and audio resolutions, but most MME recording applications allow only for a maximum of 2 Inputs + 2 Outputs at a maximum Sample Rate / Bit Depth of 48kHz/16Bit. Supported Operating Systems are Windows 98SE, Windows ME (Millennium Edition), Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 and Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2.