M-Audio Oxygen (MKIV) Series - Downloading, Installing, and Authorizing the Included Software
The M-Audio Oxygen 25 (MKIV), Oxygen 49 (MKIV), and Oxygen 61 (MKIV) are professional pad and keyboard controllers designed for hands-on software control, sequencing, and performance. Included with every Oxygen Series keyboard is a software bundle that includes Ableton Live 9 Lite and SONiVOX Twist Spectral Morphing Synthesizer. This guide walks through registering, downloading, and installing the included software.
- Registering your product
- Install Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Downloading and installing SONiVOX Twist & Air Xpand2!
- Authorizing SONiVOX Twist and Air Xpand!2
- Additional Guides & Videos
- Further Technical Support
Before you move on with installing the included software, you will have to register your product on the M-Audio website. The link below will direct you to the M-audio website. Select Account, then Create Account or Sign In to create an account or log into your existing account.
Create an account and register your product. Upon registering your Oxygen keyboard, you will find links and authorization codes for the included Sonivox Twist and Air Xpand!2 plug-ins in your M-Audio account.
Note: The included Ableton Live 9 Lite software download link and authorization are on a card inside of your box. You will not find it within your M-audio account.
Installing Ableton Live 9 Lite
To download and install the Ableton Live Lite software, refer to the video below for a full walkthrough.
- In your M-Audio account, select Twist (PC) to download Twist. Repeat with the download link for Xpand!2 to download Xpand!2.
- After the download is complete, we will need to extract the files before installation. To do this, right-click in the white space of the folder in which the download is stored. After doing this, select Extract All... to extract the files. Make sure you remember this location so we can retrieve it afterward.
- After the files are extracted, select Install Twist to run the setup.
- Follow all of the prompts to proceed with the installation.
- Pay attention to the location where the 32 and 64 bit Xpand!2 and Twist are being installed. You will need to know this later on in order to scan the plugins into MPC Essentials. By default, these will install to:
32-bit: Program Files(x86) / Steinberg / vstplugins
64-bit: Program Files / Steinberg / vstplugins
32-bit and 64-bit: Program Files (x86) / VSTPlugins
It is common practice to put all of your plugins into a single folder in order to keep track of your plugin library, so you may want to consider changing the install location of one or both of the plugins to a single location. Note: It is ok to install both 32 and 64-bit versions to the same folder, but be aware that your DAW will only be able to recognize one and may fail the other.
- Restart your computer once the plugins have been installed.
- To install on a Mac, choose the Mac option in your account.
- Run the .dmg file you have just downloaded.
Note: All plug-ins install to a default plug-in folder on your Mac. Most DAWs will automatically search this location for new plugins.
- Find and open the iLok License Manager from your Programs or Applications folder.
- Click on Sign-In in the top left corner. If you have used iLok before with other products and have an account, sign-in to your account. If you have never seen or used iLok before, click on Create New Account in the Sign In window and follow the prompts to create an account.
Please note: We recommend using an iLok account. Signing in is not always necessary to utilize an iLok license, but having and using an account to keep track of your licenses is free and provides additional features and options for managing and moving your licenses when necessary. You can see our Managing Authorization Codes and Licenses guide for more information.
- Once you are logged in, click on Licenses at the top of the window and choose Redeem Activation Code.
- A window will appear with space for you to enter an authorization code.
- Navigate to your M-Audio Account page, highlight and copy the Authorization Code for Twist. Paste this code into the first box on the left and the code will fill out the remaining fields. When you're ready, click Next.
- You will be prompted to choose a location for your license. You are free to choose an iLok dongle if you have one, but for most users, just choose your computer (this will be the option with the computer icon on the left) and click Activate.
- You will be asked to confirm this one more time. Click OK.
- Finally, iLok will notify you when the activation is complete!
This process (steps 3 - 8) can be repeated for any other plugins that utilize an iLok license.
- M-Audio Oxygen (MKIV) Series - Setup In Ableton Live 9 Lite
- M-Audio Oxygen (MKIV) Series - Setup In Pro Tools
- M-Audio Oxygen (MKIV) Series - Directlink Setup for Cubase 6, 7, & 8
- M-Audio Oxygen (MKIV) Series - Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you are a customer, dealer, already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.