M-AUDIO DELIVERS BIG SOUND FROM SMALL PACKAGES
Three compact new products—Bass Traveler, Micro DAC and Super DAC—deliver great sound quality for personal music listening and analog-to-digital signal conversion
Cumberland, RI (October 1, 2015)— M-Audio (m-audio.com), synonymous with innovative music production technology, today introduced three compact high-performance products: The Bass Traveler, which greatly enhances the listening quality for personal audio/headphone users and two others, the Micro DAC and Super DAC, for individuals involved with computer-based music production. All three fill the need in the market for small, easy-to-use devices that improve the listening and production quality of audio signals.
Bass Traveler is a portable headphone amplifier with two 1/8-inch headphone jacks that lets two people listen at the same time to the same signal. Many personal digital music players have a limited output for driving high-quality headphones—which may have a higher impedance, a lower passband voltage sensitivity or both—but Bass Traveler has a 2-level gain switch to boost the signal level, so the sound is always crisp and clear. It is ideal for use with virtually all headphones from 16-100 ohms. Bass Traveler delivers a marked upgrade in sound quality, compared to just plugging headphones directly into the unit’s headphone jack.
- Battery-powered amplifier can drive two sets of headphones
- Long-lasting (8 hours) rechargeable battery
- LED indicator for power on, battery charge, low battery
- (2) 1/8-inch (3.5mm) stereo headphone jacks
- Rotary on/off/volume control
- Selectable 2-position gain switch
- Compatible with headphones from 16–150 ohms
- Micro USB port for battery charging
- 1/8-inch (3.5mm) stereo input jack
- Compatible with Apple and Samsung in-line remote control headphones
Micro DAC is a USB digital-to-analog (DAC) converter with two outputs, one analog and one digital (optical). It’s ideal for converting the audio from a computer into a high-quality analog format without needing to carry anything larger than a flash drive. The sound quality available from the typical headphone jack on a portable device or coming from the standard-issue soundcard found in virtually every computer leaves a lot to be desired. Micro DAC delivers a marked upgrade in sound quality, compared to just plugging headphones directly into the unit’s headphone jack.
- Aluminum housing for ruggedness while traveling
- 1/8-inch headphone output
- 1/8-inch optical digital output
- Gain switch for high impedance headphones, to loudly drive the quietest models
- Slim and small design for portability
- Professional audio quality
Super DAC is a USB digital to analog converter with stereo RCA analog outputs and both coaxial and optical digital outputs. With audiophile-grade Wolfson DAC/ADCs, Super DAC performs 24-bit/192kHz high-definition audio conversion over a USB 2.0 connection. This results in the highest possible audio quality, which is critical for users who want to connect their audio equipment to their computer but are not satisfied with the sound quality of the typical computer sound card or the compression limitations of a Bluetooth connection. Six sampling rates between 44.1 and 192kHz are user selectable so it’s easy to achieve the exact performance level needed for any given circumstance.
- 24bit/192kHz high definition audio conversion over a USB 2.0 connection
- High quality headphone amplifier with 1/4” and 1/8” output jacks
- Stereo analog line in
- Stereo analog RCA Line outputs
- Coaxial and optical digital outputs
- Wolfson conversion codec
All three are available now.
M-Audio (m-audio.com) began as Midiman, a driving force in the desktop recording revolution that followed the introduction of MIDI in the 1980s. Today, M-Audio has evolved into one of the most revered names in computer interface and studio integration solutions, keyboard and controller products, and all manner of essential musical hardware from microphones to studio monitors.
M-Audio is a proud member of the inMusic family (inmusicbrands.com).
All other product or company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.