M-AUDIO ADDS NEW STUDIO MONITORING SOLUTIONS WITH M3-6 3-WAY MONITORS AND HDH50 HEADPHONES
Innovative tri-amped coaxial monitors and advanced studio headphones deliver precise, immersive sound for the audio professional.
Cumberland, RI, USA – January 22, 2014. M-Audio (www.m-audio.com), industry-leading manufacturer of award-winning computer interface and studio integration solutions, announces the addition of the M3-6 to its acclaimed 3-way studio reference monitor series, and the introduction of its studio-grade HDH50 headphones. The M3-6 joins the larger M3-8 3-way 8-inch studio monitor introduced in Fall 2013. New for 2014, the HDH50 headphones combine critical sound reproduction with tremendous audio isolation for dependable studio monitoring and mixing.
The M3-6 is a premium 3-way monitor for space-challenged desktop workspaces. The woven Kevlar® 6-inch low-frequency driver and 5-inch midrange driver are mounted coaxially, taking up no more room than a traditional 2-way speaker. The 1-inch natural silk dome tweeter is equipped with internal waveguides for improved clarity. Inside, three separate Class A/B amplifiers—one for each driver—deliver a combined 160 Watts of power.
- Superior audio detail from three individually amplified drivers
- Inline mid & high drivers deliver world-class acoustics in a compact size
- Resilient woven Kevlar drivers (6″ low / 5″ mid); 1” silk dome tweeter
- Tri-amp Class A/B power, 160 Watts total
- XLR and 1/4” balanced ins; RCA unbalanced in
- 3-band EQ with bypass instantly adapts to any mixing environment
Built for the rigors of recording studio use, the aluminum and steel reinforced HDH50 headphones fuse unequaled build-quality with trustworthy, high-defintion detail. Providing both comfort and extreme audio isolation, the around-the-ear, closed-back design prevents signal bleed into adjacent microphones during marathon recording sessions.
- Studio-grade quality, tuning, and frequency response
- High definition 50mm neodymium drivers provide revealing audio detail
- Robust gunmetal aluminum and steel construction
- Around-the-ear, closed-back design prevents sound from leaking in or out
“At this show, we are introducing two superb monitoring systems, the M3-6 monitors and HDH50 headphones” said JC Sutherland, Product Manager at M-Audio. “The efficient three-way design of the M3-6 improves clarity, offers enhanced imaging, and minimizes distortion, and does so at an unprecedented value. With the HDH50 headphones, we have created a precision monitoring system that provides isolation from the environment, plus long-term comfort for extended studio sessions.”
M3-6 monitors are sold individually, with an estimated street price of $249.99 USD/£199.99/€249.99. HDH50 headphones are available with an estimated street price of $199.99 USD/€179.99/ £149.99.
M-Audio will unveil both products in Hall A, Booth 6700, at the 2014 NAMM Show, January 23-26 in Anaheim, California. For more information, visit: www.m-audio.com/wnamm2014